Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catchy ad, but it's the wrong fuel. Carpe movere.

OK, so I almost got tricked into putting the wrong fuel in my tank. There was an ad playing on local FM radio station for a caramel shake, and my brain said sure, lets go there now and try one.

The problem with this, is that consciously I DID NOT THINK this was such a red hot idea. My brain was automatically driving me to the local outlet.
After three minutes of my two brains arguing, and me trying to drive the car, I decided to switch my brain off and I phoned a friend.

"G'day mate, how are you... How's the family.... yadda yadda."

Well, thankfully two things happened. The part of my brain that stops me from crashing the car, thoughtfully and efficiently drove me home, whilst I talked to my friend. Secondly, the fact that I am male, and can only really DO one thing at a time, stopped dreaming of the caramel shake and saved me from the bad fuel.

Now I was very hungry when I got home, as it was about 2pm, and not had anything since cereal and banana for breakfast at 8am.
I got in the house and made myself another roast chicken sandwich. WIN WIN.

All in all another successful day feeding my engine. I did discover that I had dropped another 0.8Kg since yesterday.

Carpe movere (Latin: Sieze the shake)

No comments:

Post a Comment